Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Hump Day

My old co-worker called Wednesday "Hump Day" because it was that middle ground between now and Friday. I have to say that Wednesdays are my favorite, Sundays are great for being lazy and I personally refuse to work a Sunday, it's just wrong.

I'm looking forward to getting out of the house tomorrow afternoon for lunch at Mikuni's, one of my favorite sushi spots with my old co-workers. Friday is the Ron White concert. My friend Rob, his fiancee, Christie and a slew of friends and family are going to have dinner at Brew it Up downtown and then off to the show. I've been to the Sac Community Center for two concerts: George Carlin and Ani DiFranco. Both were awesome. I think the venue is just really laid back and the set up is cool.

I went out last night and had a few drinks at the Mercantile "the merc" bar with my friend John. The weather has been so wonderful lately and their patio is perfect. John and I shared drinks and really bonded over family woes. Every now and then, it's great to get lost in conversation and just sit back and listen to someone.

I switched up on my job search by searching directly through company websites for career opportunities instead of just checking job boards. One of the companies I sent a blind resume to responded. They don't have an immediate opening but their current office admin is going on maternity leave in the spring, which is just around the corner. I would actually really dig working for a web firm again. It's casual, it's interesting and the environment is creative and the staff should be cool too. Well, wish me luck. Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home